Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
CDL Drivers Needed!!
The Town of Silver City's Public Works and Utilities departments are struggling to find enough qualified CDL-certified drivers for garbage and recycling pick-up, as well as for operating certain air-brake vehicles used in managing town utility services. Learn more!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
<-- All meeting agendas and minutes.
December 11 Town Council meeting
December 11, 2018, 6:00 PM
Meeting Legal Notice
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. CHANGES TO AGENDA
5. COUNCIL COMMENTS
6. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
7. PUBLIC INPUT
B. Staff reports.
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- A. Approval / Disapproval of Ordinance No. 1275: an Ordinance amending the Municipal Code of the Town of Silver City, Grant County, NM, Chapter 50 (NM Uniform Traffic Code Adoption), Sections 50-1, 50-2 and a New Section 50-3 (Superceding Amendments).
11. NEW BUSINESS
- A. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2018-29: Supporting an application to the NM Finance Authority under the Colonias Infrastructure Fund for a street and drainage improvement project on Ridge Road.
- B. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2018-30: Supporting an application to the NM Finance Authority under the Colonias Infrastructure Fund for improvements to the Town's Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- C. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2018-31: a Resolution declaring the eligibility and intent of the Town of Silver City in Grant County, NM to submit an application to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) for federal fiscal year 2020/2021 Federal Lands Access Program (FLAP) Funds.
View agenda below, or in a separate PDF browser window.
Meeting Legal Notice
View legal notice below, or in a separate PDF browser window.