Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
<-- All meeting agendas and minutes.
May 27 Town Council meeting
May 27, 2014, 6:00 PM
Meeting Legal Notice
Meeting video. Press above to play.
View minutes below, or in a separate PDF browser window.
1. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, AND READING OF MISSION STATEMENT
4. PUBLIC INPUT
5. COUNCIL COMMENTS
6. CHANGES TO AGENDA
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES8. REPORTS
A. Acting Fire Chief Heidrick will report on fire restrictions due to severe or extreme drought.9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
B. Library report.
C. Staff reports.
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS11. NEW BUSINESS
- A. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2014-16: authorizing the execution and delivery of a taxable Loan Agreement and Intercept Agreement by and between the Town of Silver City, NM (the "Governmental Unit") and the NM Finance Authority (the "Finance Authority"), in the principal amount of $362,332 for the purpose of financing the costs of rehabilitating the Silco Theater within the Governmental Unit.
- B. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2014-18: a Resolution adjusting property tax rates within the Town.
- C. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2014-19: a Resolution adjusting water and sanitary sewer rates.
- D. Approval / Disapproval of Notice of Intent Ordinance No. 1231: an Ordinance amending Chapter 40 (Solid Waste), Article II (Litter Control) of the Town of Silver City Municipal Code, by adding a new Section 40-27 (Reduction of Single-Use Plastic Carryout Bags).
- E. Approval / Disapproval of Preliminary Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-2015.
- F. Appointment to Recycling Advisory Committee.
Note: To obtain a copy of documents for this agenda item, please contact the Town Clerk at the Clerk's office at City Hall, 101 W. Broadway Ave., Silver City, NM, or by phone at (575) 534-6346.
- G. Discuss and vote on whether to change the Town Council meeting scheduled for June 10, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. to June 9, 2014 at 6:00 p.m.
- H. Discuss and vote on whether to change the Town Council meeting scheduled for June 24, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. to June 17, 2014 at 6:00 p.m.
View agenda below, or in a separate PDF browser window.
Meeting Legal Notice
View legal notice below, or in a separate PDF browser window.