Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
<-- All meeting agendas and minutes.
December 9 Town Council meeting
December 9, 2014, 6:00 PM
Meeting Minutes, PDF
Meeting Agenda, PDF
Meeting Legal Notice, PDF
Meeting video. Press above to play.
View minutes below, or in a separate PDF browser window.
1. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, AND READING OF MISSION STATEMENT
4. PUBLIC INPUT
5. COUNCIL COMMENTS
6. CHANGES TO AGENDA
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Regular Meeting – November 17, 2014
A. Silver City Deer Management Actions - Ray Aaltonen, NM Game and Fish Dept.
B. Staff reports.
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
A. Approval / Disapproval of Ordinance No. 1235: an Ordinance granting a franchise for cable services to Comcast of Colorado/Florida/Michigan/New Mexico/Pennsylvania/Washington, LLC, amending Appendix A, Article IV of the Town of Silver City Municipal Code.
11. NEW BUSINESS
- A. Discussion and Action on Recommendation of Library Board reference the Fred S. Norton Estate.
- B. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2014-32: a Resolution authorizing a loan agreement with the State of New Mexico for benefit of the Town's Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- C. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2014-33: a Resolution authorizing a loan agreement with the State of New Mexico for benefit of the Town's Phase II street and drainage improvements on Silver Street from Pine Street to South of Lamb Street.
- D. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution 2014-36: a Resolution supporting an application to New Mexico Finance Authority under the Colonias Infrastructure Fund for street and drainage improvements.
- E. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution 2014-39: a Resolution supporting an application to New Mexico Finance Authority under the Colonias Infrastructure Fund for Wastewater Treatment Plant improvements.
- F. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2014-34: a Resolution supporting a Recreational Trails Program Application and Maintenance Commitment.
- G. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution 2014-35: a Resolution approving the submittal of a Re-Certification Application to the Mortgage Finance Authority for the 2014-2015 House-by-House Homeowner Rehabilitation Program.
- H. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution 2014-37: a Resolution supporting the designation of the Murray Ryan Visitor Center as the Silver City Urban Trailhead.
- I. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution 2014-38: a Resolution authorizing and approving financial assistance and project approval for a Bicycle Master Plan
- J. Appointment to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
- K. Appointment to the Library Board.
- L. Discuss and vote on changing the regular Council meeting scheduled for January 27, 2015 to Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. at the same location.
View agenda below, or in a separate PDF browser window.
Meeting Legal Notice
View legal notice below, or in a separate PDF browser window.