Silver City Public Library Legal & Public Notices
This section provides an archive and record of recent and past Legal Notices for the Silver City Public Library, including notices for meetings and events that have already taken place:
Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
Our Reading Collection Includes:
- Southwest Nonfiction
- Science Fiction
- Compact Disks
- Large Print
515 West College Avenue
Silver City, NM 88061
Our Reference, some Genealogy, and Treasure Room Materials may be used in the library.
Access the Public Library Catalog online!
Borrow eBooks and downloadable audiobooks-- log in with your library card number and phone number.
Visit the Bayard Public Library catalog online.
Visit WNMU's Miller Library online card catalog.
- Public computers: Computers with word processing and internet access are available. Limit 1 hour per day per person. Computer printing costs $0.20 per page. Express 15-minute computers are also available.
- Free WiFi
- Free programs, including author talks, concerts, classes, and interactive discussions. For the latest events, visit silvercitypubliclibrary.wordpress.com or follow us on Facebook.
- Meeting rooms: call us at 575-538-3672 or stop by the information desk to reserve a room.
- Reference and research assistance: We have the staff and tools to assist you with your research.
- Interlibrary loan: This service augments our local collection by borrowing select items for you from another library. Ask at the Circulation Desk. There are limits on borrowing some items.
- Copy machine: A copy machine is available for use by the public and is located near the Circulation Desk. Copies are $0.10 each.
The collection includes biographical notes on the early citizens, information on mining camps of the area, old newspapers on microfilm, obituaries and cemetery records, Grant County and Silver City history and some early photographs.
Current issues of magazines are on display and may be used in the library. Most magazines are kept for one year. Back issues may be checked out.
We keep back issues of newspapers for 2 weeks. Link to
Newspapers on Microfilm
Silver City Enterprise 1882-1984.
Silver City Independent 1896-1935.
Silver City Daily Press 1935 -1885.