To provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, while making sure Town ordinances are followed for fees, and working to collect revenues and reduce delinquencies on behalf of the Town. CUSTOMER SERVICES PROVIDED:
Responsible for the setup and one-time or monthly billings for the
following: water, garbage, cemetery, rock house water charges,
transfers on water accounts, Business Registrations, Memory Lane
Cemetery plots, and any other miscellaneous bills owed to the Town.
GUIDELINES FOR UTILITY-WATER ACCOUNTS:
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PAYMENT:
- An application for new service must be filled out and brought to City Hall in person. A $200 deposit is due at the time the application for water is turned in. Application for Town utility services.
- Transferring an existing account to another address must be done in person with a $10 fee due at the time of the transfer. Application to transfer water service.
- Terminating an account must be done in person, since a signature is required from the customer. A forwarding address is also required to be able to mail any water deposit balance due to the customer.
For our customers' convenience, we offer the following payment options:
- Payments taken at City Hall (cash, check, money order, debit card, or credit card-VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express). If using a debit or credit card, it must be presented by the owner of the card.
- Payments by check or money order may be dropped off at either of our Drop Box locations (Town of Silver City Drop Box is available at the NM Gas Company parking lot or right outside City Hall at 101 W. Broadway).
- Payments by check or money order may be mailed to the mailing address listed above. Customers may sign up for Bank Draft, in which the customer's bank account number is provided and the billing is automatically taken out (16) days after the billing is done. Applications, instructions, and further information can be picked up at City Hall.
If you are running past due or have received a notice for water shut off, please bring your payment in to City Hall to provide the quickest acknowledgement of your payment. Please note that waters turned off for non-payment will be reinstated the following business day after the account is paid in full.
Utility Billing can be reached through the main number listed above, or you may reach us at any of the numbers provided below. We are open from Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to 5PM, unless otherwise posted due to Holidays or any other Administrative reason. For any after hour emergencies, please call Dispatch at 388-8840.
When calling City Hall on water bill questions please dial
575-538-3731, select Option 1 and Option 1 again.
Utility Billing Supervisor
Utility Billing Clerks