Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
Street Division – 2016 Chip Seal Project
The Town of Silver City Street Division will be Chip Sealing from August 1st thru August 5th on the following town streets:
- Alabama Street – 12th Street to City Limits
- Bartlett Street – Luck Street to Hester Street
- Florida Street – 12th Street north to Dead End
- Georgia Street – 13th Street to Luck Street
- Gordon Street – Mississippi Street to Virginia Street
- Hester Street – Short Street to City Limits
- Hill Street – Mississippi Street to Dead End
- Howell Street – Dead End to Dead End
- Kentucky Street – 12th Street to Hill Street
- Louisiana Street – 12th Street north to Dead End
- Luck Street – Georgia Street to Dead End
- Mississippi Street – 12th Street to Hill Street
- State Street – Alabama Street to Virginia Street
- Short Street – Alabama Street to Dead End
- Virginia Street – 12th Street to Luck Street
- West Street – 12th Street to Gordon Street
- 13th Street – Virginia Street to Mississippi Street
All vehicles must be moved off the street during construction. Signage will be made available to assist residents with detours and construction areas. Residents are asked to drive slowly and with caution in completed chip sealed streets as loose aggregate may exist. All loose aggregate will be swept off the streets the following week. If you have any questions or need any further information on the chip seal project, please contact the Public Works Office at (575) 388-4640.