Public Works Legal & Public Notices
This section provides an archive and record of recent and past Legal Notices for the Public Works, including notices for meetings and events that have already taken place:
Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
CDL Drivers Needed!!
The Town of Silver City's Public Works and Utilities departments are struggling to find enough qualified CDL-certified drivers for garbage and recycling pick-up, as well as for operating certain air-brake vehicles used in managing town utility services. Learn more!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
Town of Silver City Sanitation
Address: 610 East 8th St, Silver City
2018 Holiday Sanitation Schedules
This schedule is subject to change. A public notice will be advertised
in the Silver City Daily Press at the time of each holiday. For further
information please call the Public Works office at 388-4640.
- New Year’s Holiday: Monday, January 1st, no pickups scheduled for Monday. Monday’s Pickups will be rescheduled for Wednesday, January 3rd.
- Martin Luther King Holiday: Monday, January 15th, will be on regular schedule.
- Presidents Day: Monday, February 19th, will be on regular schedule.
- Spring Holiday: Friday, March 30th, will be on regular schedule.
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 28th, will be on regular schedule.
- Independence Day: Wednesday, July 4th, no pickups scheduled for Wednesday. Wednesday’s pickups will be rescheduled for Thursday, July 5th.
- Labor Day: Monday, September 3rd, will be on regular schedule
- Veteran’s Day Holiday: Monday, November 12th, will be on regular schedule.
- Thanksgiving Holiday: Thursday, November 22nd, no pickups scheduled for Thursday. Thursday’s pickups will be scheduled for Wednesday, November 21st. Also Friday, November 23rd will be on regular schedule.
- Christmas Holiday: Monday, December 24th will be on regular schedule. Tuesday, December 25th, no pickups scheduled for Tuesday. Tuesday’s pickups will be rescheduled for Wednesday, December 26th.
Solid Waste Management Reports: