Dial 911 for Police, Fire and Emergency Services
Breaking News
from the Town of Silver City
       Jan. 27, 2020                 

Community Development Department Legal & Public Notices
This section provides an archive and record of recent and past Legal Notices for the Community Development Department, including notices for meetings and events that have already taken place:

Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.

Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!

Have your say!

We also welcome comments on the Town's web site and other issues!

Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!

Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!

Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!

Sanitation Schedule
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!

Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.

Town of Silver City
Box 1188
Silver City, NM 88062

Starting Your Business: Types of Business Applications
Business Registration
A business registration is required for each place of business conducted in the municipal limits and for all persons doing business in the municipal limits without an established place of business unless a business license is otherwise required. A business operating out of a home in a residential district must comply with specific home business standards in the Land Use Code.
  • Fee: $35 per year

Business License
A business license is required to conduct the following types of business in municipal limits: Auctions, carnivals, circuses, exhibitions of boxing, wrestling, and theatrical performances, gas stations (both retail and wholesale), pawn shops, recyclers, second-hand dealers, taxicabs, and similar specialty businesses.
  • Fee: Varies according to the type of business

Peddler/Solicitor Permit
A peddler permit is required of any person who travels (canvases) in the municipal limits from place-to-place or house-to-house or street–to-street selling merchandise or services other than agricultural products produced or processed in New Mexico.
  • Fee: $35 per month for each canvasser or $150 per calendar year for each canvasser

Transient Merchant Permit
A transient merchant permit is required to conduct in municipal limits a temporary business that sells merchandise or services other than agricultural products produced or processed in New Mexico. These businesses are limited to location in commercial zones on a site or property that has been inspected and authorized by municipal officials for use by transient merchants.
  • Fee: $100 per consecutive 90 days in a calendar year

Flea Market Permit
A flea market permit is required of indoor or outdoor markets where merchandise is sold or exchanged from individual lots, booths, vehicles or other spaces that are each operated independently. These markets are limited to location in commercial, rural, and industrial zones and must follow specific rules and standards established in the Land Use Code.
  • Fee: $20 per calendar year

Special Event Permit
A special event permit is required for public exhibitions, parades, street dances, outdoor concerts, and similar events attended by members of the community. Special conditions may be required based on a review of the application and the location of the event.
  • Fee: $20 per event

For Information Call: Code Enforcement at (575) 534-6348

View document below, or in a separate PDF browser window.

  Contact Us   Community Dev.   Finance   Library   Municipal Court   Personnel   Public Works & Parks   Purchasing   Town Manager   Utilities