Dial 911 for Police, Fire and Emergency Services
Breaking News
from the Town of Silver City
       Jan. 22, 2020                 

Community Development Department Legal & Public Notices
This section provides an archive and record of recent and past Legal Notices for the Community Development Department, including notices for meetings and events that have already taken place:

Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.

Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!

Have your say!

We also welcome comments on the Town's web site and other issues!

Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!

Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!

Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!

Sanitation Schedule
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!

Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.

Town of Silver City
Box 1188
Silver City, NM 88062

Community Development FAQs
Who can I talk with regarding housing rehabilitation, affordable housing and weatherization?
Community Development Dept., Priscilla Arredondo, 534-6372. Visit the housing page for more information.

I would like to start a business in my home. Who can I talk to about what kinds of businesses are allowed, parking requirements, etc.?
Please call 534-6369, review more information on the business registrations page or stop by the Community Development Department Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 4:30 pm.

I’m going to have a manufactured home delivered to my property. Do I need a permit for this?
Yes, you will need to fill out a Moving Permit giving the make, model, HUD seal number, year and size of the manufactured home, and also show how the home will be situated on the property. The permit fee is $25.00.

The power company won't give me power without an address, what do I do?
Call Priscilla Arredondo, 534-6372.

The property next to me looks abandoned. How do I find out who the owner is?
Call Priscilla Arredondo, 534-6372.

Do I need a building permit to erect a fence on my property?
Freestanding fences or walls under 6 feet in height to not require a permit.

I want to fix up my house in a Historic District. Can I just get a building permit?
Depending on what is being done to the building, if anything is being done to the exterior, it will be necessary to consult with the Design Review Committee. Call us at 534-6349 for more information.

I want to build a shed in my back yard but the lot is small and the building would encroach on the setbacks. What can I do?
Call us at 534-6349 about the possibility of obtaining a variance.

  Contact Us   Community Dev.   Finance   Library   Municipal Court   Personnel   Public Works & Parks   Purchasing   Town Manager   Utilities