Sustainability Office Legal & Public Notices
This section provides an archive and record of recent and past Legal Notices for the Sustainability Office , including notices for meetings and events that have already taken place:
Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
2010-2013 DOE energy efficiency programs
- Department of Energy, Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant RW0000064 to Grant County, Town of Silver City subawardee ($126,400)
- State of New Mexico Department of Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources grant R1DOE0002-54364 to Town of Silver City ($341,298)
- Solar Carport Demonstration Project at Visitor’s Center (See Energy Efficiency and Solar Projects for Town)
- Energy$ense Program
Weatherization and Energy Efficiency Program that helped 827 Grant County households between September 2010 – June 2012
- Total # homes served: 827
(Silver City 439, Mining District 294, other parts of Grant County 94)
- CFL’s installed: 10,844
- Water conservation: 488 faucet aerators, 303 low-flow shower heads
- Estimated Energy Saved: 515,556 kWh/year of electricity, 79,467 therms of gas/year, $109,499 total savings/year
- Estimated CO2 emissions avoided: 818 tons