Community Development Department Legal & Public Notices
This section provides an archive and record of recent and past Legal Notices for the Community Development Department, including notices for meetings and events that have already taken place:
Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
Fees for Community Development Services
Administrative Applications and Permits:
- Building Permit: Project with a valuation (materials and labor costs) of $5,000 or less is $15 plus a $3 plan review fee where applicable; with a valuation of $5,000 to $10,000 it is $25 plus a $3 plan review fee; and for projects valued at $10,000 or more, the fee is $2.50 per $1,000 or fraction thereof, plus a 25% plan review fee.
- Business Registration: Annual city fee $35.00
- Drainage Permit: See Drainage Permit fee list
- Land Division (Administrative Subdivision): $50.00
- Yard License: $50.00
- Zoning Permit: Moving a Mobile Home $25.00
- Up to 100 square feet in size: $25.00
- Each additional square foot $1.00
Planning and Zoning Commission/Council Applications*
*Applicants are required to purchase one notification sign per street frontage per application at cost of $6.00 (includes tax). The sign is provided by the Community Development Department; the applicant is responsible for posting sign(s) or will be charged a fee of $10.00 if sign is posted by Town staff.
- Annexation $100.00 + $5.00/acre
- Appeal $50.00
- Beneficial Use Determination $50.00
- Conditional Use Permit $75.00
- Encroachment Permit $75.00
- PUD $100.00 + $2.00/acre
- Vacations $75.00
- Variance $75.00
- Zone change (map amendment) $100.00
- Sketch Plat $50.00
- Preliminary Plat $100.00 + $2.00/lot
- Final Plat $50.00
- Commercial Development Packet $5.25
- Comprehensive Plan $21
- Drainage Policy Guide $5.25
- Land Use Code $21.00
- Subdivision Packet $5.25
- A Size – 8.5 x 11, Black and White $2.00, Color $4.00
- B Size – 11x17, Black and White $5.00, Color $7.00
- C Size – 17 x 22, Black and White $8.00, Color $10.00
- D Size – 22 x 34, Black and White $10.00, Color $12.00
- E Size – 34x44, Black and White $12.00, Color $15.00