How do I recycle?

As of July 1, 2019 recycling trucks no longer pick up residential or commercial recycling bins in Silver City. The green recycling carts may be used as additional trash carts and will be emptied on the regular trash pickup schedule. Damaged recycling carts will not be replaced.

The Southwest Solid Waste Authority is still recycling cardboard. Residents may use the three available receptacles for cardboard: 1) the container in the Beall’s parking lot at 2150 Hwy. 180 East, 2) the container at the Grant County Administration Center parking lot at 1400 Hwy. 180 East, and 3) the container at the landfill. Commercial customers that would like to recycle cardboard may contact the Southwest Solid Waste Authority at 575-388-8051 to arrange for pickup.

Scrap metal and aluminum continue to be accepted at the Southwest Solid Waste Authority landfill at 318 Ridge Road.

To recycle glass, please contact Thank you.

Show All Answers

1. How can I get an item on the Council agenda?
2. What municipal voting district am I in?
3. How do I get a Town utility tap?
4. How do I get Town water and sewer service?
5. How do I get my garbage picked up?
6. Where is the landfill and what can I take there?
7. How do I avoid a past due account?
8. How do I recycle?
9. How do I get my water turned off for repairs?
10. How do I get my water meter tested?
11. Do I need to register my business and if so, how?
12. Where and when do I renew my business registration?
13. Where do I apply for a Vendor's Permit?
14. Where can I find information about the cemetery?
15. How do I contact Animal Control?
16. Where can I buy a Town zoning map?
17. Where do I register my chickens and livestock with the town?